Make Reservations here (https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/facility/300013)
A timed entry permit is required to enter ALL areas of Rocky Mountain National Park—including Trail Ridge Road (US Hwy 34)—when arriving by vehicle between the hours of 6 am and 5 pm whether a visitor parks within the park or outside the park boundary.
- Timed entry permits can only be reserved online via Recreation.gov: https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/facility/300013.
- One permit covers one vehicle and all passengers.
- The timed entry system applies to all visitors, including annual, lifetime, and senior passholders.
- You may enter at any time during your permit’s two-hour block. Blocks are 6–8am, 8–10am, 10am–12pm, 12–2pm, 2–3pm, and 3–5pm.
- At the entrance booth, you’ll be asked to show your email confirmation (on your phone or printed out), along with your annual/lifetime/senior pass if relevant.
- Once you’ve arrived during your entry window, you may exit and re-enter the park as often as needed for the rest of the day, and you can stay in the park as long as you’d like.
- A timed entry permit isn’t needed before 6am or after 5pm. The park remains open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
-10% of permits are marked "not yet released" on recreation.gov and held until 8am Mountain Time two days prior to the entry date. For example, at 8am on Monday, July 27, "not yet released" tickets will be released for Wednesday, July 29.
- If you have a campground reservation or wilderness camping permit, that serves as your timed entry permit.